Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This research guide will point you toward research resources and strategies available to you as scholars doing religion research at Pepperdine.
Use this guide throughout the research process to help you have the best support for your thesis and research.
The electronic availability of Bible commentaries varies widely by publisher, series, and publication year. Here are a few commentary series that can be accessed electronically via Pepperdine Libraries:
Many volumes from the following series are available on ProQuest Ebook Central, and can be found through the Library catalog or by searching ProQuest Ebook Central:
- Abingdon Old Testament Commentaries
- Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture. Old Testament
- Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament
- Catholic Commentary on Sacred Scripture
- Feasting on the Gospels (Westminster John Knox)
- New Testament Library (Westminster John Knox)
- New Collegeville Bible Commentary : New Testament
- Old Testament Library (WJK)
- Paideia New Testament
- Reformation Commentary on Scripture
- The Anchor Bible
- The Bible Speaks Today: Old Testament Series
- The Two Horizons Old Testament commentary (Eerdmans)
- Tyndale Old Testament commentaries
- Word Biblical Commentary (Zondervan)