Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Passport (formerly Global Market Information Database) This link opens in a new window
From Euromonitor International, Passport GMID provides business intelligence on countries, consumers and industries and offers detailed analysis of consumer and industrial markets around the world across 781 cities, 210 countries, and 27 industries with historic data from 1997 and forecasts through 2020. This database is only available to current Pepperdine students, faculty, and staff.
This database is the best resource for economic indicators. It will also contain many statistics that you can use as independent variables.
Example: I want historical and forecasted GDP data and inflation rates for the United States.
- On the main page, select Economies with the Pulldown menu
- Click Go
- Click the Plus sign+ for Economy, Finance and Trade (Select Consumer if you need data such as disposable income)
- Scroll down to GDP and click the arrow
- Select all of the types of GDP data that you need
- Click Next
- Go to Geographies and select USA
- Click Search
- Scroll down to the section for Economies and Consumers Annual Data and select "View Full Data Set"
- Use the pull-down menu to select the years that you need (forecasted data is available to 2040
- Click Apply
Example: I am looking for demographic information on Malibu.
- Type Malibu in the Community Facts box and click Go
- Select the relevant categories such population, selected economic characteristics, etc.
New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics Online This link opens in a new window
Provides concepts and terms related to economics. It's updated quarterly and the entries are written by experts, including many Nobel laureates