How to Find and Navigate Guides Step by Step Guide
1. Guides are helpful tools created by librarians to share information for classes, subjects, or resources.
2. To access our main guides page go to our library website library.pepperdine.edu. Then click on the guides tab at the top of the library homepage.
3. On the guide homepage, patrons can search for specific guides by topic, group, type, or the librarian that created the guide. You can also look for guides by inputting keywords into the search bar.
4. To the right of the guides page is a preview list of all Pepperdine librarians. Click on the 'More' tab at the bottom of the list to view the complete list of our librarians. When you click on the librarian's name, you will be taken to their profile page. On the profile page will be a list of every guide the librarian created.
5. Click the "By Subject" tab to view a list of guides by subject. For example, as pictured above, the selected topic is advertising. Next to the subject name is the number of guides on that particular subject.
6. As seen in the example above, multiple guides for the subject are created for specific courses or provide helpful resources relevant to the subject.
7. Once you click an guide, the guide page will contain multiple tabs with resources to help patrons find specific resources and databases for their research.
8. Patrons can also use the search bar to look for particular information contained on the guide.
9. In addition, patrons can find links to articles and online databases listed in the guide.
10. And lastly, the contact information of the subject librarian that created the guide is provided on the home tab of the guide.