Skip to main content
Economic Data & Independent Variables
Global Market Information Database (World Marketing Data & Statistics)
This database is the best resource for economic indicators. It will also contain many statistics that you can use as independent variables.
Example #1: I want historical and forecasted GDP data and inflation rates for the United States.
At the top of the screen, click Countries & Consumers and click the link for Economy, Finance & Trade
- Use the pull-down menu menu for the Search Tree to select economic indicators
Click the box next to Annual rates of inflation
Click the plus sign next to GDP
Click the box next to Total GDP and also click the box next to Real GDP Growth
Click the Now Choose Geographies icon at the bottom of the screen
Click the plus sign next to North America and click the box for USA (many other nations can be selected)
Click See Data Now
Click Change Time Series and click By Year
Click the boxes for 1995-2020 (or any other years that you need) and click Apply
Click the Excel icon on the upper-right hand corner to download the figures to Excel
Click the Chart icon to obtain charts of the data
Example #2: I need a report covering consumer lifestyles for a specific country.
- Select the link for Countries & Consumers at the top of the screen
- Click Consumer Trends & Lifestyles
- Go to the Consumer Lifestyles section and select your country with the pull-down menu and click Go
Business Source Premier
Good source for country reports.
Example: I need a country report for Spain.
- Type spain into the first box and select GE Geographic Terms with the pull-down menu
- Scroll down and click the box for Full Text
- Scroll down to Publication Type and select Country Reports
- Click Search