Skip to Main Content
This research guide will point you toward online research resources
and strategies available to you as scholars doing research at Pepperdine.
Use this guide throughout the research process to help you have the best support for your thesis and research.
The Thesaurus of ERIC Descriptors (Thesaurus) is a controlled vocabulary - a carefully selected list of education-related words and phrases assigned to ERIC records to organize them by subject and make them easier to retrieve through a search.
Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research
Educational Theories and Theorists
- Cole, Michael (1938 - )
- Dewey, John (1859 -1952)
- Engeström, Yrjö (1948 - )
- Gardner, Howard (1943 -)
- Lave, Jean (BD unknown - )
- Montessori, Maria (1870 - 1952)
- Papert, Seymour (1928 - )
- Piaget, Jean (1896 -1980)
- Rousseau, Jean-Jaques (1712 - 1778)
- Vygotsky, Lev (1896 - 1934)
- Wenger, Etienne (1952 - )