Skip to main content
Example: I need information on mutual fund returns.
- Go to Morningstar's web site
- You will have to register for a free account to obtain statistical data
- Either type in the name of a fund in the search box at the top or click the link for Research at the top of the screen and select Mutual Funds
- Scroll down tand select Basic Fund Screener
- After retrieving a list, click one of the funds. Be Sure to select an Equity fund.
- On the page for the fund, click the link for Performance
- The Performance section will provide the total returns on an annual basis
Example: I need total returns on the S&P 500 Index.
- Type S&P 500 tr into the search box at the top (TR stands for Total Return which means that the returns are based on both changes in price and dividends
- Select S&P 500 TR (1989)
- The total return % for the past few years will appear both on the Quote tab and the Performance tab