It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Writing A Research Paper: How to Request a Interlibrary Loan Item
How to Request an Interlibrary Loan Item Step by Step Guide
1. Search for your desired material in our library catalog. You can search for materials by the item's title or ISSN number. If you don't find the item you are looking for in the primary search engine, you can generate an advanced search on the next page.
2. If you find the item you want, but the catalog indicates that Pepperdine Libraries does not have access to it, then the item can be ordered through Interlibrary Loan.
3. When the catalog states the item you are looking for is "Held by other libraries worldwide," this means Pepperdine Libraries do not own or have access to a copy of the item. Therefore to receive the item, it has to be ordered through Interlibrary Loan.
4. To proceed in ordering the material through Interlibrary Loan, click on the item's title.
5. To order the item through Interlibrary Loan, scroll to the middle of the page and click on the blue "Request this item" link.
6. After clicking on request this item, you will be taken to the interlibrary loan page. This page will display your active interlibrary loan account. If you have not created an interlibrary loan account, you will be prompted to make one.
7. On this page, the known item details about the item you requested will auto-generate.
8. Also, include in the "not wanted after date,"what other languages you will accept the item in, and add any notes you would like to include.
9. After filling out and reviewing the request information click "submit request" which will complete your interlibrary loan request for this item.
10. Interlibrary Loans typically take 1-2 weeks to arrive. For more information on interlibrary loan please visit our Interlibrary Loan Infoguide page at: http://infoguides.pepperdine.edu/interlibraryloan