About the Pepperdine Textbook Loan Program
In collaboration with the Seaver College Student Government Association, the libraries have purchased a collection of textbooks that support the general education curriculum at Seaver College and have made these textbooks available to students on a first come, first served basis. Five copies of each title are available to students. Some titles are available for a one-week check out, while other titles are available for use in the library only.
Textbooks may be checked out at Check Out desk in Payson Library.
Click on a book's hyperlink to see its availability.
Social Science Division
POSC 104: American People and Politics
- Bianco, W. T. (2013). American politics today. New York : W. W. Norton & Company.
- Morone, J. A. (2013). By the people: Debating American government. New York: Oxford University Press.
- McCloskey, R. G., & Levinson, S. (2010). The American Supreme Court. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Canon, D. T., Coleman, J. J., & Mayer, K. R. (2014). The enduring debate: Classic and contemporary readings in American politics. New York: W.W. Norton & Company.
ECON 200: Economic Principles
- Sexton, R. L. (2014). Survey of ECON 2: Student edition. Mason, OH: South-Western Cengage Learning.
PSYC 200: Introduction to Psychology
- Myers, D. G., & DeWall, C. N. (2014). Exploring psychology in modules. New York, NY : Worth Publishers.
SOC 200: Introduction to Sociology
- Stark, R. (2007). Sociology. Belmont, CA: Thomson Higher Education.
- Manza, J.(2013). The Sociology Project: Introducing the Sociological Imagination. Boston : Pearson/Prentice Hall.
HUM 111: Western Cultures I
- Spielvogel, J. J. (2012). Western Civilization. Pepperdine University edition Boston: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning
- Sorrell, S. (2012). Galla Placidia: Empress of Rome at the crossroads of history 389-450 A.D. / Sonia Sorrell. Los Angeles, CA: Benchmark Press.
- Perry, M., Baker, J. W., & Hollinger, P. P. (2011). The humanities in the Western tradition: Ideas and aesthetics.
HUM 212: Western Cultures II
- Spielvogel, J. J. (2012). Western civilization Volume B . Boston: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.
REL 101: The History and Religion of Israel
- Bandstra, B. L. (2009). Reading the Old Testament: An introduction to the Hebrew Bible. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth/ Cengage Learning.
- Attridge, H. W., Meeks, W. A., & Bassler, J. M. (2006). The HarperCollins study Bible: New Revised Standard Version, including the Apocryphal/Deuterocanonical books. San Francisco, Calif: HarperSanFrancisco.
- Green, J. B. (2013). The CEB study Bible: With Apocrypha.
REL 102: The History of Religion of Early Christianity
- Harris, S. L. (2012). The New Testament: A student's introduction. New York: MGraw-Hill.
- Powell, M. A. (2009). Introducing the New Testament: A historical, literary, and theological survey. Grand Rapids, Mich: Baker Academic.