Skip to main content
List of questionable Publishers, Journalst:
Hijacked Journal Titles
Pay careful attention that you have the legitimate journal name when researching prospective publishing opportunities.
"How to Spot a Wolf in Sheep's Clothing"
A panel session at The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business conference in April 2016.
*You will need to log into Cabell's database before viewing.
Signs of a Predatory Publisher...
- Editors or editorial board members with no or fake academic affiliations
- Lack of clarity about fees
- Publisher names and journal titles with geographic terms that have no connection to the publisher’s physical location or journal’s geographic scope
- Bogus impact factor claims and invented metrics
- False claims about where the journal is indexed
-- CUNY Librarians, Monica Berger & Jill Cirasella
Here is some additional information on Beall's List, including commentary from librarians, Berger and Cirasella.