Skip to main content
Adding References Manually
To manually add a new reference:
- Access your RefWorks account and click on the Reference menu.
- Select Add New Reference.
- Select View fields used by and Ref Type
-> This will then produce small green arrows next to those fields that should be filled out if you have the corresponding data
- Enter information in the boxes provided and click Save Reference when finished.
Additionally, if you use Google Scholar, you can adjust the settings to allow you easy importing into RefWorks
- Open Google Scholar
- Select Scholar Preferences (located to the right of the search box)
- Under Bibliography Manager, select Show links to import citations into and click on RefWorks from the drop down box.
- Select Save Preferences
- Once you have done this, a link (Import into RefWorks) will appear for each search result.
- Click the Import into RefWorks link for the citation you would like imported, and it will fill in the fields for you.
Note: It is important to always double check this information, as it may not have the full information